26-04-2024 10:07

Mathias Hass Mathias Hass

Hello, Does anyone know what this is? Found on J

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Tarzetta sepultarioides?
Mirek Gryc, 23-06-2020 12:27
Hi.
In a humid place, on the ground, near Salix and Alnus, I found small mushrooms that resemble Tarzetta or Geopora. Initially, I thought these mushrooms were Tarzetta, but I couldn't identify them. I met the description of Geopora tenuis in "Note of taxony, ecology, ................. in Norway" - Schumacher The description I found there, especially the size of the spores and habitat, ideally matched my find.
For this reason, I placed them in my atlas as Geopora tenuis, although I do not quite agree with this term:
http://www.grzyby-pk.pl/gat_g/gat_geopora_tenuis.php
The spore size in it did not match my current concept of this species. Until now, I considered G. tenuis, collections that are presented on my website:
http://www.grzyby-pk.pl/gat_g/gat_geopora_20150710.php
However, these collections have spores that are definitely narrower than Schumacher says?
As you will probably notice, both of these finds are very similar, so I would not be surprised that Tarzetta can be mistaken for Geopora. The main differences are longer and larger amount of hair and the width of the spores.
You don't think that the collection presented on the website:
http://www.grzyby-pk.pl/gat_g/gat_geopora_tenuis.php
- corresponds to the species Tarzetta sepultarioides described by Nicolas Van Vooren ??
In turn; http://www.grzyby-pk.pl/gat_g/gat_geopora_20150710.php
- should I call her G. tenuis again?
Yours sincerely
Mirek
Nicolas VAN VOOREN, 24-06-2020 14:32
Nicolas VAN VOOREN
Re : Tarzetta sepultarioides?
On your pics, the ascus base is not clear. All Tarzetta have an ascus base without crozier, so this is easy to separate from Geopora/sepultaria. In T. sepultarioides, some asci have a special shape at the base, looking like a bump, but some other do not show this.
Mirek Gryc, 24-06-2020 16:22
Hi Nicolas.
OKAY! - I will try to find fresh fruiting bodies and carefully check the shape of the ascus base. I know the place well, so I suspect it won't be a problem. I have dried fruitbodies but it will be hard to observe anything from them so I prefer to wait for fresh ones.
Nicolas, did your fruiting bodies also have pseudo hair growing out of a large oval cell / base?
If I may ask? - did hair appear frequently and on what part of the outer surface did it grow on?
First of all, I'm interested in whether they were in the margins?
best regards
Mirek
Viktorie Halasu, 24-06-2020 17:10
Viktorie Halasu
Hello Mirek,
the ascus bases can be observed on exsiccati as well, just use squash mount in KOH and very small drop of congo red. The septa will always be distinctly thicker than the rest of ascus wall. 
Viktorie
Mirek Gryc, 24-06-2020 18:50
Hi Viktorie.
Shame to admit but at the moment I do not have congo red.

Hyaline details are sometimes difficult to observe without it. I will have to order!

best regards
Mirek