Bonsoir à toutes et tous,Pourriez-vous m'aider à

14-04-2024 22:58

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Bactridium flavum (anamorph): Distinctive macr

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
A Cistella
Kosonen Timo, 27-09-2016 02:26
Kosonen TimoHello,
We found a nice Carex acuta growth recently and have since tried to get a hold of the Hyaloscyphaceaes on them. Some of the species key out nicely (Cistella lagenipila, Albotricha acutipila for example), but some don't.

Let's start with this one:
A prominently hairy white disco on C.acuta leaf. Stipitate, stipe dark at the bottom, some of the lower excipular cells with brownish pigment. Excipulum thin to thick walled.
Paraphyses lanceolate with many VBs. Some fine warts/granules on the upper part of the paraphyse. Granules ammonia resistant.

Hairs finely granulated for the whole length of the top-most cell atleast. Thin-walled. On flanks hairs +- cylindrical. Non-smooth paraphyses confuse me while studying hairs in the margin. Maybe all hairs are like the ones on flanks. Not sure.

Asci arise from croziers. Spores 14-16 x 4-4,5 um. Often with two large guttulae.
Mounts in water. Mind all the missing details, specimen still alive and kicking.

Has to be a Cistella, right, but where are we there?

Timo

• message #45114
  • message #45114
  • message #45114
  • message #45114
  • message #45114
  • message #45114
Hans-Otto Baral, 27-09-2016 08:07
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : A Cistella
Hi Timo
I see only a few VB-drops in the tips of paraphyses, not further below. This first reminded me of "Helotium" microspis (I have it in the Calycellina folder), but otherwise it is much too different. The warted paraphysis tips and dark apo base points to a Ciliolarina, though I am unaware of one on monocots, and VBs are elongate, not globose there. What you should do is a test with Cresyl Blue: the spore wall selectively stains deep lilac in Ciliolarina.
Also please measure the asci (only living and mature!). Did you check the Lugol reaction?
Zotto
Kosonen Timo, 28-09-2016 01:23
Kosonen Timo
We found new populations of the same, and it seems that these previous photos were from a fruitbody with mature asci, but with less developed hairs. Now hairs reach 30-40-50 um in length.

Asci 70-90 X 9-12 um. hemiamyloid ring.
No Cresyl blue here right now. VBs mainly/only in the apical cell of the paraphyses. Spores in water often with a very large VB that resembles a rectangle with rounded corners.

How about a Fuscolachnum – or something towards "Lachnum" anyway?
  • message #45133
  • message #45133
  • message #45133
Hans-Otto Baral, 28-09-2016 10:10
Hans-Otto Baral
Woww, nice red apical rings!

But I am unable to say a genus. Lachnum does not have such hairs and paraphyses. Fuscolachnum is a good idea, maybe hyaline members exist.

VBs I cannot see in the livin spores, I see only 2-3 large LBs and some smaller ones.
Kosonen Timo, 28-09-2016 12:08
Kosonen Timo
ok.  Yes, the ring is spectacular. The big rectangular body not visible in the photos. We should have this one growing, lot's of plates, we first thought we had two-three different taxa. :-)

Apart from Carex, we have some Iris angustifolia material. Nice Hyalopezizas AND something that looks like Iridinea! Weak amyloid reaction in the hairs, ecology and hairs match, maybe slightly immature, but we will try to culture it. How common is it? Do you have lot's of collections?

Timo
-Hello from Seppo (who now finally has time for serious microscopy) and from Karen too!
Hans-Otto Baral, 28-09-2016 12:16
Hans-Otto Baral
Thanks fro greetings, hello back!

Iridinea: you find the genus in my folder 7i Calloriaceae (Naevioideae)

I think that raripila isn't so rare, also diaphana is perhaps not so rare, I see about 10 collections of each of them in my database.

hamulata is perhaps only in the higher montains (subalpine).
Hans-Otto Baral, 30-09-2016 11:46
Hans-Otto Baral
After seeing more photos sent by Timo it became clear that this is Coronelaria caricinella.